Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My life apart

I guess it took me 25 years of life and probably one of the worst years I have ever had to learn a few lessons. I am not one for a rampant evangelical religion, however, I think god did have a plan for me this year. It was to teach me some things that would make me stronger. This year as i said before was full of failures with a few triumphs along the way, but mostly full of failures. These ranged from the destruction of my teggy, to the theft of all my things, to setting myself back a whole five years. However, the one sliver of silver light emitting from these drab ominous clouds was that I have learned. I have learned that you don't get do overs no matter how many sci-fi tv shows you watch, once something is done its done. This includes when bad things happen to you, when you make a mistake or when you make a choice. Once it happens its etched in stone in some far away place where you can neither chisel, break or alter it. It happens. And this really goes for choices. Once you set that first step onto a path, you have irrevocable changed your future. Time is irreversible and all it takes is one misstep to fall off the ledge. Now, I am not saying that you can prevent bad things from happening to you by being prudent and/ or staying locked up on your room. However, I am saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a ton of trouble. Bad things will happen to you, no matter what you do, bad things will happen, although less bad things will happen to you if you know how to prevent them. However, dwelling on what happened to you is not going to let you move forward. Rather it will trap you in a hole as time's watery flow slips around you. And the biggest problem with time is; once you try to grab that watery flow it disappears and then you realize that you're not in the water at all, just on top of it on a raft going downstream staring at your reflection like tantalus trying to get a drink of water.

1 comment:

  1. damn Keith. I can so relate to this. Stay strong man...we go through these tests to learn lessons and its hard in the midst of it to appreciate the knowledge you've gained b/c you only see the tangible objects you've lost.

    ReplyDelete