Monday, December 7, 2009

Gravity

It stares back at me
Wrapped in white satin sheets
And my green comforter from college
I stand over the bed
The smell and sweat sliding off my body
Under the light brown cedar fan
It wants to know where my eyes are
Have they left along with my heart
Riding out into the sunset
It stares at me
Hoping that my eyes will return
To the former softness and desire
That was there at the beginning
That seems to have drifted off
Like unused dreams
It asks me, why don’t I come back to bed
In light copper tones, beckoning
Begging me to return to my past
Hoping that it is as promising
After a rainy day
It is full of life, meaning, hope
Destiny, fear, love
And I am empty
Caught in the sea of indecision
Wanting to not have ghosts
Pulling me closer to the window
Closer to opening it
Closer to trying to fly in gravity
Flying is a lie
And I know that
But the ghosts keep telling me different
I am just a man, maybe I don’t know
It screams, calls, whispers
It’s being filling the room
Trying to push the ghosts out
Trying to draw me in
To its gravity
I stand still unable to grasp
It or the window sill
As it and the ghosts
Stare at me
Waiting for me
To move

1 comment:

  1. i can feel this, its like you're at a crossroads debating left, right, or saying eff it and making your own route. good read mr. combs thank you.

    ReplyDelete