Thursday, April 16, 2009

How many loves can there be?

I started off with a flip of the coin

Her hair black roses wilted in the sun

We came together through the electricity in our skins

A mistake, a regret, a grievance that i can never take back

Like the auric bee I moved on to the next

A de-valued daisy that bloomed in the pit of my loneliness

Not an exotic flower in clandestine mud

But a common weed in all its glory

I can still see the leaves, gold with rain dripping

Beautiful in its own way, specially

When her pollen came to meet my body

Like the gilded bee I moved on to the next

Daffodil, tulips, buttercups, lilies, belladonnas

irises, sunflowers, poinsettias, lavender, dahlias,

flaxes, callas, lotuses, orchids, hyacinths and desert roses

I tasted them all, stopping, tasting on their nectar,

kissing their petals and admiring their stems

they all bathed me in their beauty

but i never stayed long enough

i always flew back to the hive satisfied

and by myself, pollen still clinging to my memory

still like the amber bee i moved on

past the flowers, to the trees, to their fruit

tasting their apples, oranges, grapes, bananas

their pineapples, cherries and star-fruit

trying to find the thing that I missed with the flowers

hoping that they treat me better

hoping that they can fill the void

in my heart, mind, soul and body

hoping that i can finally feel completed

even if only for a moment

bucheon street 068

No comments:

Post a Comment